I’ve been waiting six years to create a Star Wars themed shared bedroom for my boys. I missed my chance when they were head over heels for clone troopers a while ago, so you better believe I’m not missing out this time! My little one has been eagerly anticipating the new Star Wars movie like just about everyone else on the planet and I think I’m just as excited for the film as I am for the second chance to make my vision for their room come true.
I’ve been collecting ideas for awhile, but more than just awesome shelving projects and pillowcase ideas for my boys you have got to see some of the incredible Star Wars DIY projects I’ve found online.
Any of these projects would also double as amazing Christmas gifts. Take a look! You can make everything from Darth Vader Shoes to a Lightsaber Cell Phone Case. There’s something here for everyone on your list!
21 Star Wars DIY Projects
- Star Wars Pillowcases: Remember those pillowcases I was telling you about? This is the Star Wars DIY project that inspired the room I’ve been planning in my head. Lots more on that project coming soon!
- Star Wars Wall Art Prints: Imagine those pillowcases next to these awesome wall prints. They look store bought, but were made with a little help from a projector.
- X-Wing Flight Suit Sweatshirt: What kid wouldn’t want his own orange X-Wing Fighter flight suit sweatshirt? Shoot, I even want one!
- BB-8 DIY Earbud Holder: You know what goes great in the pocket of your X-Wing Fighter Suit? BB-8 Earbud Holders made out of pearler beads. Awesome, awesome stocking stuffer idea!
- Darth Vader Shoes Tutorial: Here’s a great way to turn an ordinary pair of shoes into a unique showpiece for all the Darth Vader fans (or Dads!) out there.
- Disco Death Star (not pictured): Ever seen what happens when a Death Star goes glam? Doesn’t get more glamorous than a framed disco ball Death Star. Find out how to make your own sparkly Death Star.
- Death Star Patchwork Quilt: Know someone who loves Star Wars more than anything? This patchwork Death Star pattern makes the perfect gift that lasts a lifetime or an incredible baby shower gift idea for any Star Wars or soon-to-be Star Wars fans.
- Chewbacca T-Shirt: Kids everywhere will flip for their very own Chewbacca tee. Heck, I bet some grown ups would too!
- Yoda Purse: Who comes up with these things? This Yoda purse is such a clever idea for some clever little girl.
- Star Wars Soaps (not pictured): Need a creative Star Wars party favor or stocking stuffer idea? These DIY Star Wars soaps look great wrapped in cellophane and are fairly inexpensive to make in bulk too.
- Star Wars Inspired Nesting Dolls: This DIY painting project is so creative. Use her inspiration to make all of the classic characters or choose your personal favorites and incorporate some new ones as well. Ray and BB-8 would make great nesting dolls!
- Star Wars Embroidery Hoop Art (not pictured): This is some serious bunch of awesome right here!
- Death Star Globe: This repurposed project is one of my favorites, would look just as cool in your home office or living room as it would in a kids bedroom.
- Star Crochet Blanket: This might be the coolest crochet blanket of all time. The Star Wars DIY pattern is available on Ravelry.
- Star Wars Quiet Book: How do you introduce Star Wars to babies and toddlers? Exactly like this! With their very own Jedi quiet book.
- DIY Chewbacca’s Bandolier: Imagine all the fun they’ll have on the go when they can carry their toys in this DIY Bandolier just like Chewie’s.
- Lightsaber Cell Phone Case: Customize a plain cell phone case into a work of art with lightsabers and a little bling. This one would make a perfect gift for any Star Wars loving mom.
- Pottery Barn Star Wars Knock Off Wall Art: YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!! Create this one of a kind Death Star canvas art with the help of some real lights to really bring this work of art to life.
- DIY Lego Key Holder: Let the power of the force help you keep keys where they belong with this creative Star Wars Lego DIY project.
- Star Wars Tin Can Lanterns: Looking for something low-cost, big impact? This Star Wars DIY is extremely affordable using items from the recycle bin and looks great indoors or out.
- Star Wars Wall Shelf: The Star Wars DIY to end all Star Wars DIYs. Seriously, this custom wall shelf that looks like a fighter ship will blow your mind, the hyperspace wall painted behind it will only add to the effect.
Bonus Lego Star Wars Christmas Project: Star Wars Lego Ornaments: Make your own Star Wars Lego ornaments. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way down the page where you will find instructions on how to make the Millennium Falcon or a Death Star ornament.
I am sure you will be able to find the perfect gift for every die hard Star Wars fan on your list and a couple projects you might want to do for yourself. We saw the movie this morning (it’s AMAZING!!!) and I know I’ll be brainstorming some more BB-8 crafts for us in the near future. Which Star Wars DIY project caught your eye? If you decide to make one of the items seen here, or have one of you own share them with us! Send me a pic or hashtag one on Instagram with #KSWCrafts so we can check it out.
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)
- Chuck E. Cheese is 40! Celebrates with new look, same great family fun - August 15, 2017
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before Indoor Skydiving - July 2, 2017
- A Family Guide to the San Antonio Missions - July 18, 2016