I don’t know how you guys feel about participating in black Friday, but I am over the whole mess!
I tried it a few times and it really just isn’t for me, especially now that I have children. Instead of spending my day running on very little sleep, pushing my way through a flood of people, and standing in line for hours to save a few bucks, I choose to find ways to enjoy the other perks of Black Friday without fighting the crowds.
You see, we’ve discovered over the last few years that Black Friday is the perfect day to take advantage of everyone being in the stores. Use this day to spend time with your family. There are a ton of different ways for you to spend this day other than crammed into a shopping mall bumping elbows with strangers.
- Visit a theme park!: For all of you local readers from San Antonio, I’ll let you in on a little secret. Morgan’s Wonderland is our favorite place to spend black Friday. We’ve been skipping the shopping for years and opting instead to spend some quiet, quality time here all together. It’s a magical place any time you visit, but especially on this day. If you are not local to San Antonio, you could visit any amusement park that is local to you. Most amusement parks have seasonal events that help ring in the holidays that will be kicking off this week. Normally, you would experience a crowded amusement park, but not if you visit during Black Friday when everyone else is at the mall!
- Movies: Go to a movie with the family! There is a huge chance you will end up with the theater all to yourselves! Hitting a matinee will also save you a few bucks.
- Go For a Hike: Get outdoors and enjoy the fall weather. Pick a trail and go for a hike. Let the kids find the perfect walking stick. Check out these scavenger hunt ideas and give the kids something constructive to do outside. Not only will they burn energy, they will make some great memories with the family too.
- Go on a Picnic: Help the kids pack a picnic in a basket. Use up some of the leftover food from Thanksgiving dinner to make a gourmet picnic. Even if the weather is not picnic friendly, lay a blanket on the floor in the living room and enjoy your basket of food indoors.
- Game Day: Bring out your favorite board games, feast on leftovers, and bring on the laughter. A day disconnected from TV and electronics can also be spent in the comfort of your home. Use paper plates for the day to cut back on dish duty.
- Host a Coloring Contest: Print out some coloring pages and let the kids get creative. You can even take it a step further and turn black Friday into craft Friday! We’ve been using these free coloring pages from Red Ted Art all week!
Black Friday is too chaotic for me. I would rather spend my time scooping up the deals online. In my family we have turned Black Friday into a new tradition. We have found many ways to enjoy black Friday without fighting the crowds. Join us! How do you spend your time on Black Friday?
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)
- Chuck E. Cheese is 40! Celebrates with new look, same great family fun - August 15, 2017
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before Indoor Skydiving - July 2, 2017
- A Family Guide to the San Antonio Missions - July 18, 2016