There’s a brand new muffin in town folks.
And I have to tell you, she’s pretty fancy.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Muffins
We don’t get sparkly adorned muffins around these parts too often. She’s a bit dark, but sweet with a killer crust. I made these bad boys after not being able to eat solid food for 6 days, so perhaps I am a little biased — I thought they were fantastic!
Tearing into the moist, delicious middle of these muffins and being able to taste the sugary sprinkles on top was pretty much the highlight of our week. The aroma of gingerbread filled our home and enticed us to once again enter the kitchen. Sadly, this meant I had to fight off random short people who live with me just to have one or two of my own. They were cramming them in their mouths as fast as they could swipe them!
I didn’t mind though, we’ve all had a horrible stomach bug and I have convinced myself the ginger in these muffins would do us all good, especially while we sipped on our hot tea. What? Ginger settles an upset stomach. Yep, they are basically medicine.
Sweet, medicine-y goodness from our house to yours.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond milk
- coarse sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg to a separate bowl, then whisk together until well mixed.
- Add almond milk, to wet ingredients.
- Stir in dry mixture until just combined.
- Scoop into muffin cups, sprinkle with coarse sugar or sugar crystals.
- Bake until when a toothpick is inserted, it comes out clean. About 25-30 minutes.
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)
- Chuck E. Cheese is 40! Celebrates with new look, same great family fun - August 15, 2017
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before Indoor Skydiving - July 2, 2017
- A Family Guide to the San Antonio Missions - July 18, 2016