This costume really couldn’t get any easier!
All you need to make your own WildStyle (WyldStyle) LEGO Movie Costume is a pen and some paper, a black sweat suit, some bright pink and blue duck tape, scissors, and some hair chalk.
To Make Your Own WildStyle (WyldStyle) LEGO Movie Costume
Start, by sketching out the graffiti pattern onto a sheet of paper so you have a solid visual reference to refer to as you go.
Now, cut corresponding strips of blue and pink duck tape and attach them to the black sweatshirt as closely to the pattern on the lego character as you can.
The result looks spectacular, but only took as long as it takes you to cut the duct/duck tape!
We colored her hair using a hair chalk set very similar to this one. I scribbled on a few freckles and a cat eye using an eye pencil, then added some bright lipstick for the full effect.
Now Check this out!
Are you ready for some amazing DIY Halloween costume inspiration?
In the spirit of a fun and festive, kid-friendly Halloween I collaborated with a few blogging buddies to bring you more than 80 of the best DIY Halloween costumes, including the adorable WildStyle (WyldStyle) LEGO Movie costume we whipped up in a short afternoon!
I’m teaming up with Jamie Dorobek and her handmade Halloween costume site, Really Awesome Costumes to bring y’all tons of easy ideas to craft up DIY Halloween costumes for everyone including your pets, family costumes, and even a trunk or treat idea!
Click on the links below each collage to get the detailed instructions about how to make the costume pictured, just like mine above. Don’t forget to follow the Handmade Halloween Costumes Pinterest Board for even more DIY costume greatness!
1. Handmade Baby Hamburger Costume
2. DIY Baby Game Boy Costume
3. DIY Minecraft Steve Costume
4. Football Brothers Halloween Costumes with DIY Pads and Onesie
5. Star Trek Halloween Costume for Kids
6. A Bee and Her Keeper
7. No Sew Magician Costume
8. Flint Lockwood Costume
10. Marty McFly
11. Princess Wedding Dress Costume
12. Handmade Lalaloopsy Doll Costume
13. Homemade Toothless Costume
14. DIY Mermaid For Less Than $20 (No-Sew Option)
15. Easy Tinker Bell Costume
16. Mario and Luigi Go Kart Costumes
17. Dog The Bounty Hunter and Beth
18. Family Monsters University Costumes
19. Scooby Doo family costumes
20. DIY Storm Cloud Costume
21. Cheap and Easy DIY Spider Costume
22. Easy Tin Man Costume
23. No Sew Bee Costume
24. Planet Halloween Costumes
25. DIY Cheshire Cat Costume
26. DIY Instagram Board
27. Elsa crown
28. Dog Collar Ruffles
29. DIY Pineapple Baby Costume
30. DIY Lego Movie Costume
31. Weeping Angel Costume
32. Disney Planes Costume: Dipper
33. Easy Pirate Costume
34. Easy Costume Idea – Renaissance Girl
35. 10 Minute Homemade Jellyfish Costume
36. DIY Cat Costume
37. Lucy And Ricky Costumes
38. Easy Frozen Costumes (Carrisa!!)
39. Easy Greek Goddess Costume
40. DIY Family Willy Wonka Costumes
41. DIY No Sew Maleficent Costume
42. No Sew Pineapple Halloween Costume
43. Graveyard Bean Bag Toss: Trunk or Treat Car Costume
44. DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costumes
45. DIY Raccoon Costume with Printable Mask
46. Easy WildStyle Lego Movie Costume
47. Simple Hello Kitty Costume
48. No Sew Minnie Mouse Costume
49. DIY Inspector Gadget and Penny Costumes
50. DIY Frozen Elsa Dress Baby Edition
51. Fairy Princess Dog Costume
52. DIY Hashtag Halloween Costume
53. Toddler or Baby Egg Costume
54. Easy No Sew Olaf Costume
55. DIY Baymax Costume
56. DIY Tooth Fairy Costume
57. Baby Short Stack Pancake Costume
58. Elephant and Piggie Halloween Costumes
59. Instagram Halloween Costume
60. Peter Pan & Mr. Smee Halloween Costume
61. Wildstyle Costume from the Lego Movie
62. Fred and Wilma Couples Costume
63. Viking Family Costumes
64. DIY Cruella de Vil Costume for a child
65. Disney Frozen Olaf Halloween Treat Bucket
66. How to Make a Minecraft Steve Head
67. DIY Harry Potter Costume
68. DIY Duck Dynasty Costumes
69. No Sew Cupcake Baker Halloween Costume
70. DIY Skunk Mask
71. Ghostbusters Proton Pack DIY
72. Frozen Anna Costume Tutorial
73. Candy Corn Costume
74. Paw Patrol Halloween Costume
75. No Sew Toothless Dragon Costume
76. DIY Robot Costume
77. Wonder Woman Costume
78. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Costume
79. Thrifted Gentleman Spy DIY Halloween Costume
80. DIY Boy Garden Gnome Costume
81. Group Costume: Bob Ross, Happy Tree, & Squirrel
82. DIY Blues Brothers Costumes
83. Snow White Costume
84. Peacock Princess Costume
85. Scarecrow Costume
86. Easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
87. Handmade Teddy Bear Costume
88. Princess Elsa and the Spy Kid
89. DIY Baby Koala costume
What handmade costume ideas did you love the most?! Be sure to click over to get the costume instructions, pin the costume, and let them know you love it! Also, follow the Handmade Halloween Costumes board on Pinterest!
Follow Stacy Teet | Kids Stuff World ‘s board Handmade Costumes on Pinterest.
Stacy is seeing the world in a whole new way – through the eyes of her children. She writes about the little things, the big things and all the “stuff” in between at Kids Stuff World.
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)