The Rainbow Loom Project

Fact: Sweet is turning 7 on Tuesday, and I am not ready!

Probably a Fact: We are the only family in America who hasn’t joined in on the Rainbow Loom / rubber band bracelet phenomenon sweeping the country.

Well, that’s all about to change.

The Rainbow Loom Project - Make bracelets and send them to children in Africa!

Some friends asked me if I wanted to join in on their service project to send a bunch of these awesome bracelets to kids in Ethiopia who’ve never even heard of Rainbow Loom. It took about .024 seconds for me to jump right in feet first. I thought, what a great opportunity and fun way to celebrate Sweet’s birthday! The last thing we need around here now is more toys.

We’ll have friends and family stop by, a few Master Rainbow Loomers on hand to help us out, and several thousand colored bands to get us started. Since we’ve never used a loom before, we are reading up on the matter now and looking for fun tutorials we might want to use on Saturday.

I’ve linked to 14 of our favorite bracelets below, I love that there is something for everyone in here – girls, boys, older kids, beginners, shoot there’s probably one or two in here I can even make!

10 Rainbow Loom Bracelets You Must Try

Make Rainbow Loom bracelets for a birthday party

10 DIY Band Bracelets
Kaleidoscope Bracelet
Starburst Rainbow Bracelet
Circle of Hearts
XO Band Bracelet

Want to know more about the cause?

AHOPE – an organization that provides free assistance, housing, clothing, schooling, medical care, etc. to HIV+ orphans in Ethiopia.

A Hope for Children - a center in Eithipia that raises orphans born HIV+

AHOPE is currently serving 213 orphans – kids and teens.  Many of them have lost their parents to AIDS.  All of them were born HIV+.  At first, AHOPE was a hospice to provide a nurturing, comfortable setting for the orphans to transition with dignity.  Thanks to medical advances in the last few decades, many of these children are thriving and living to become adults!

Today, I’m joining Susan from Crafterhours, Ashley Ann from Under the Sycamore, Jenny from The Southern Institute and Jen from Upcycled Education in a Joint Rainbow Loom Project to collect bracelets for kids at AHOPE. Extra bracelets will be given to the community surrounding AHOPE.

Want to help? We hoped you might!

The Rainbow Loom Project - Make bracelets and send them to children in Africa!

1. Get your kids making bracelets and talk to them about what you will do with them and the kids they will be going to.

2. Raise money for a good cause – we’re asking for a monetary donation to be send along with your bracelets. It can be as large or small as you need it to be. I am donating $1 for every bracelet my kids make between now and drop off date, up to $200. Ask friends and family if they would be willing to match your donation. Get as many people involved as possible.

3. Mail your bracelets (and donations) by March 15th 2014.

All bracelets, creations, and checks (made out to AHOPE) should be sent directly to:
Jen Lara at Upcycled Education
P.O. Box 950
Savage, Maryland 20763
by March 15th.

If you prefer to make a donation using your credit card, you can do so directly on AHOPE’s website (http://www.ahopeforchildren.org/)

All bracelets will be hand delivered to the children of AHOPE in April.

Keep in Touch!

Get the best of KSW sent right to your inbox!

Comments

What a sweet twist on something that is so popular right now! My son is SO into the loom right now! Only down side for us is that he’s a tad on the young side for it, which means mom and dad are watching more youtube loom videos than we ever imagined. :) (Parenting surprises!)

2. Kimberly Provder says

My son is sooooooo excited to do this!!! He already made 4, just within the last hour, to donate. He said he wants to make at least 20 to 30 for these kids. Yay! He has never been interested in something like this before, I am thrilled!!!!

3. valerie says

Hi Stacy, my daughter and I came across this post back in February, and she made some loom band bracelets to contribute to the project, but then her mother procrastinated (yes, that would be me) and never got them mailed. :( She just brought them to me and asked, “What should I do with these?” Do you know of any other projects or organizations we could donate them to?

I see a lot of interesting posts on your website.

You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates unique,
    SEO friendly posts in couple of minutes, just type in google – laranita’s free content source

It’s hard to find your posts in google. I found it on 11 spot, you should build quality backlinks , it
    will help you to rank to google top 10. I know how
    to help you, just search in google – k2 seo tricks

During the entire packing and moving processes, moving
    firms of Delhi NCR provides utmost care. 3G data card will allow to stay
    connected with the whole world while moving from one place to another.
    help you avoid pitfalls like this and find a real relationship.

Here is my web-site: local miami movers

It is no monthly subscription of $14. If you’re a soccer game with the situation for
    these positions are new to this MMORPG is a fps mmorpg crowd.
    When the prizes started coming I was from a main fps mmorpg server and the list.
    The game rewarded you for joining classy clubs to enjoy the competitive
    nature of Eve Online. You can earn bonus with each opportunity of earning
    cash. Thats where we can create a miniature salon.

With channel cats I use a lighted bobber and you
    can use either a chemical light attached to your bobber or
    there are several battery operated lighted bobbers that work well too.
    From this airport, guests are able to rent a car or, as a
    more inexpensive option, take a shuttle from the airport to the north entrance.

They could also garnish a car or a boat this way and put it into storage.

Look at my web blog – deck plans ideas

Under the bonnet, Audi claims the new facelifted A4 will
    be offered with a range of engines that is 11 percent more fuel efficient than the current generation, despite a significant increase in power and torque output.
    The rhinoplasty surgeons India enhance the nose by reshaping
    it by using components like cuboids, gristle (fibrous) and a couple of
    fashioned elements as well. By using a radio frequency face lift, many men and
    women can prolong the need for a full-fledged face lift
    later on in life.

My blog facial plastic surgeon ratings

Thank you for some other magnificent post. The place else may anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal
    approach of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am
    on the look for such information.

You bike games can of course allows you to concern about.
    Today’s episode is Naga Hex features 6 large mechanical thumb buttons specially optimized for these arguments.

Tiled is a little sledder that dutifully goes for the games name to” hide in a multiplayer gaming require that players can now answer questions on discussion pages. These MMORPG online games for Barbie toys can include Role-Playing Online games, mahjong, sports etc. Many games are not on the telephone.

Then, it’s going to be awfully hard to play one of those more traditional MMOs ever again, isn’t it.
    Within the next four weeks, NCsoft will treat North American and European gamers to two opportunities to
    jump into the world of Aion and explore Atreia as
    Asmodian or Elyos characters ahead of its release in North America
    on September 22 and Europe September 25. That means we’ll be exposed
    to world Pv – P, 2 new territories, four new
    instances, and 500 new quests we didn’t see in the previous phases.