Guess who popped in for breakfast this morning.
Hint, his last name is berry and it’s been a LONG, LONG winter since he was on sale like this. We couldn’t resist ourselves – I’ve been grabbing up berries like they are going out of business and I am not sorry one bit about it, sorry folks who don’t have berries just yet. You are welcome over to our house to share anytime!
As soon as I saw these plump, juicy berries I knew immediately what I wanted to do with them. Surround them with vanilla, and crisp granola … and perhaps a hint of lemon curd. Oh yes, I said lemon curd.
I’ve never had a parfait like this before, and trust me when I say we will be eating them again tomorrow .. and the next day, and maybe even the next day … as long as there are berries in the fridge.
See all that tasty goodness, I just couldn’t help my self.
I’ll give you a tip — you’ll want to choose a yogurt base with a low sugar content (15 grams or less), there’s plenty of sweetness in here to go around already .. . and you only need a touch of lemon curd.
A little goes a long way, in fact, you may want to mix just the tip of a teaspoon’s worth into a layer of 2 tablespoons worth of yogurt and mix until you get your desired level of lemony-ness. (
Blackberry Lemon Parfaits
- 4 Tablespoons Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Granola (as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon or so of Lemon Curd (to taste)
- Layer one tablespoon of vanilla yogurt on the bottom of your dish
- Place a few blackberries and a handful of granola on top
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of lemon curd with 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt. Add more lemon curd or vanilla yogurt until you reach your desired lemon flavor.
- Add the lemon flavored yogurt as the next layer to your parfait
- More blackberries, more granola
- One last layer of vanilla yogurt (about 1 tablespoon) and top with berries and granola for a refreshing breakfast everyone is sure to enjoy.
Lemon curd can be a strong flavor, be sure to taste your lemon / yogurt mixture before you add it in to get it to your liking.
Like this recipe? Why not pin it for later.
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)
- Chuck E. Cheese is 40! Celebrates with new look, same great family fun - August 15, 2017
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before Indoor Skydiving - July 2, 2017
- A Family Guide to the San Antonio Missions - July 18, 2016