Time to share our weekly meal plan again. I’m so glad you found this useful last week, and I found a few new sources for new meal ideas. I’ve really been focusing on managing my home better lately and making life easier for my family. I’m excited to share all the things I’m learning along the way and what’s really working for us.
A few things you should know about us:
- During the summer, I plan all 3 of our meals
- I’ve been gluten free since Feb, my family is not
- We try to eat as clean and healthy as possible, but we’re not perfect
- I also try to limit sugars and sweets, but we do enjoy occasional treats
- The lunches posted here are for my kids, I usually eat some sort of soup, salad or leftovers
- We eat lunch out on Thursdays during the summers
- I don’t plan for lunches on the weekends, we just do whatever or eat leftovers
Here’s what we’re having this week:
Breakfast: Strawberry Maple Kefir Smoothie
Lunch: Grilled Cheese Bites
Dinner: Sweet Chili BBQ Chicken *, homemade mac & cheese, side of veggies
Someday I’ll be together enough to share my homemade mac & cheese with y’all, you’ll want to file it away for safe keeping.
Breakfast: Toast & Applesauce
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches
Dinner: Loaded Nachos
Something a little bit like these, we substitute one pound of ground beef for ground turkey and throw on whatever we have on hand.
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt & Granola
Lunch: Snack Lunch (Crackers, Meat, Cheese, Fruit, Veggies, Whatever we have on hand)
Dinner: Shrimp Fra Diavola *
This recipe comes from my sister’s sister in law, so we’re basically family right? My sis told me to check her out because she had an amazing blog I would love. I did, and she was right. If you’re in to health, fitness, amazing food, and a zest for life – check out Barbells & Bellinis. Great stuff! We’ll follow this recipe mostly to the tee, she even used brown rice pasta so it’s gluten free!
Breakfast: Peach Coconut Dream Smoothie * (we’ll use coconut milk, not water)
Lunch: Lunch Out
Dinner: Strawberry Bacon Salad
Little known fact: I craved strawberry steak salad every day I was pregnant with my oldest. It was winter, in Germany – no steak or strawberries for this traveling mama to be. Poor me, I’m making up for it with this salad this week. We might use bacon, we may splurge for steak … only time will tell.
Lunch: Beach Picnic! (We usually go for PB&J and pretzels)
Dinner: BBQ Hot Dogs on the Grill
We’re driving down to the beach on Friday (shh, don’t tell the kids) so we need something quick and simple for dinner when we get home. We all love BBQ hot dogs (yes, with BBQ sauce). We’ll probably cut up some watermelon and find a quick side to go with it.
Breakfast: Coconut Banana Bread * (minus sugar, will use a mix of honey/maple syrup, coconut palm sugar instead)
Dinner: Grilled Pork & Pineapple Tacos
This is easily one of my favorite meals on the planet, look for it to reoccur a lot this summer. Spicy pork, tangy lime, honey grilled pineapple, red onion, avocado all wrapped up in a freshly made, still warm tortilla — heaven! I lost my original recipe for this, it came from Cooking Light a few years back but I do alright recreating it. I’ll try and write something down to share it with you too.
Breakfast: Breakfast Kabobs
Dinner: Pasta Salad & Breadsticks
I’ve linked to any meal I’m making based on a recipe, but you should know I’m not much of a recipe follower. I use them more as guidelines than written rules. If there’s ever anything you want to know more about or would like a recipe for, just let me know in the comments. Happy to help.
* indicates a “new to us” meal, meaning we haven’t tried it yet, so I can’t tell you if we love it or not. We like to switch things up a lot around here, so many recipes … so little time.
Latest posts by Stacy (see all)
- Why I travel with a NOOK by Samsung (& how you can WIN one!) - November 8, 2014
- The Easiest (WyldStyle) Wildstyle Lego Movie Costume Ever! - September 26, 2014
- Fantastic Mr. Fox come to life through the eyes of Tobias Picker and Emily Carew Woodard - September 24, 2014