Like most moms, I imagine, I spend a significant amount of time planning and preparing our meals. Meal plans are such a useful thing and even more valuable when shared, so why not share them here – with all of you! If you’re doing a meal plan of your own, by all means point me to it! It will make next week’s planning even easier for me.
A few things you should know about us:
- During the summer, I plan all 3 of our meals
- I’ve been gluten free since Feb, my family is not
- We try to eat as clean and healthy as possible, but we’re not perfect
- I also try to limit sugars and sweets, but we do enjoy occasional treats
- We eat lunch out on Thursdays during the summer
- I don’t plan for lunches on the weekends, we just do whatever or eat leftovers
Here’s what we’re having this week:
Breakfast: Yogurt Parfaits
Lunch: Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Summer Salad
This is one of my very favorite salads, so great when it’s super hot out.
Breakfast: Banana Bread
Lunch: Snack Lunch (Crackers, Meat, Cheese, Fruit, Veggies, Whatever we have on hand)
Dinner: Chicken Tostadas
Breakfast: Toast & Applesauce
Lunch: PB & Banana Sandwiches
Dinner: Lemon Pepper Ground Turkey & Quinoa Salad*
I’m basing this dinner off of two recipes, this lemon pepper ground turkey meal from my friend Steph which we’ve had many times, and still love but adding this Couscous Salad I found on Pinterest cause I’m all riced out this week. I’ll be swapping things up a bit for my families tastes and subbing in quinoa so I can eat it.
Breakfast: PB & Smoothie
Lunch: Lunch Out
Dinner: Lemon Chicken & Caprese Salad
Lunch: BLT Wrap
Dinner: Honey Chicken & Pineapple Cashew Fried Rice*
We’ve had the Honey Chicken many times, great base but the pineapple fried rice is new to me and sounds fabulous.
Dinner: Shrimp Quesadillas*
I’ve been dying to try these since Rachel posted these a few weeks ago, I finally get my chance!
Breakfast: Fruit Salad & Granola Bars*
Dinner: Family Pizza Night
I’m still searching for my one and only granola bar recipe, this week I’ll give Emma’s a try. If you have a favorite, I’d love to try that too!
I’ve linked to any meal I’m making based on a recipe, but you should know I’m not much of a recipe follower. I use them more as guidelines than written rules. If there’s ever anything you want to know more about or would like a recipe for, just let me know in the comments. Happy to help.
* indicates a “new to us” meal, meaning we haven’t tried it yet, so I can’t tell you if we love it or not. We like to switch things up a lot around here, so many recipes … so little time.