Try This: Mango Green Smoothies

The best mango green smoothie ever! (The secret is to use coconut milk and add a splash of OJ)

Marina shared her favorite mango green smoothie recipe the other day and I dreamed about it for a week straight. I finally got to the store and stocked up on frozen mango so I could make these for breakfast yesterday.

They were everything I knew they would be and more, just delicious. I’m thinking of making another one right now!

Mango Green Smoothies

Slightly Adapted from Yummy Mummy Kitchen (we just adjust to our tastes and family size)

Makes 4-5 smoothies

– 1 to 2 cup(s) Coconut Milk

– several handfuls of spinach

– 1/2 bag of frozen pineapple (fresh is even better!)

– 1/2 bag of frozen mango

– Drizzle of Honey (Optional)

– Splash of OJ (optional)

Blend coconut milk and spinach first in order to get that beautiful green smoothie look you want and not bits and pieces of spinach that get stuck in your teeth! Then add fruit and blend again until you reach your desired consistency. Pour and serve immediately.

Note: Our new favorite is Almond Coconut milk, I love the slight tropical vibe it gives this green goodness. Sometimes I also add a splash of OJ to amp up the citrus flavor

See Marina’s recipe here: Favorite Green Smoothie

Adding this to our breakfast rotation, and searching for more green smoothie recipes to try.

Do you have a favorite green smoothie?

Tell me what’s in it, I’d love to try it next.

Comments

My favorite is a green smoothie too. I mix some ice, a banana, 1/2 cup of plain whole milk greek yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (any would work), a tablespoon of peanut butter, and as much spinach as I can cram into the blender. It tastes like dessert :) My kids love it, my husband loves it. It’s a win all around :)

Definitely going to give that a try as it looks delicious and I have all of the necessary kitchen gizmos. We love smoothies and fresh home made juices in this house.
    Thank you for adding me on G+, it is how I navigated over to here :-)
    Liska
    @ConsciousMum
    xx

oh my goodness Liska! Thanks so much for telling me you found me through G+ … its such a foreign territory to me and I usually think its not doing much for me … but if it helped us find each other, than I am willing to keep trying! What are some of yoru families favorite juices? We’re itching in to that realm, but slowly so far our favorite is carrot, orange & grapefruit.

Dana!!! Woman, I am so glad you did stop by, its been awfully lonely around here without you. I know what you mean though … some days I wonder what i’m doing here myself. What are you sewing?!? Inquiring minds want to know

ummm.. I want this in ma’ belly right now! Amazing! Thanks for sharing. This might just wind up part of my breakfast some morning soon.

4. Patty m says

My daily smoothie consists of the following: 1 cup low sugar orange juice, 1tbsn Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup frozen berries, 1/2 banana, 1 tablespoon wheat grass. Yum! Energy! Vitamins! Protein! Smooth skin!

i love: Kale, spinach, bananas, strawberries, mixed fruit yogurt, low fat milk, vanilla protein powder, water, & LOTS OF ICE smoothies….i wanna do wheatgrass but don’t know where to buy it in Sarasota, FL. other then “Smoothie KIng” & i have my own garden & would LOVE to GROW it too! :)