Oh Happy Day!

These last two weeks have been some of the happiest days I can remember. It was so nice to have all three of the kids at home again. I love watching the way they interact together and love one another, I pray the bond they share stays as strong for all their days as it is right now.

They are pure joy and everything I could have ever asked for and more.

Happy went back to school today, Sweet goes back tomorrow.

Sweet & Little and I enjoyed one last carefree adventure together, just the three of us. We read piles and piles of books and played with trains and hung out at the DMV and soaked up every last minute of our last day together. It was pure and utter delight. And while today was one happy day for sure, tomorrow I’ll be watching my oldest two walk towards their schoolhouse through tear filled eyes.

I can’t help but feel awkward and wonder, are there other mothers out there who cry when their kids go back to school? Has this ever happened to you, please tell me I’m not the only tear-stained mom in the parking lot.

Comments

I am SO happy to hear this. Ok, I’m sad for you, but I’m happy because you’re like me. My kids are older (early 20′s now) but I STILL cry every single time we’re separated and when they were in school, I cried after every single break. Every.single.break. All through high school and college! I just have never felt that joy some parents feel when the kids go back to school, so I TOTALLY get what you’re saying!

You’re in good company, mama! :-) I can relate. They grow so fast, too fast, and I love having my shorties home with me. These moments are too fleeting.

Awww, Liz you and I would be best of mom buds I am sure. Thank you for sharing this with me, I often cry just putting them to bed at night and my kids will say, mom are you crying because we are getting older and bigger. I just can’t help myself, I always tell them I love them the way they are right now today but they are just growing so darned fast if they could just slow down a little bit so mom can hold on to them …

I am yet to have a little one go off to school, but I did have my baby return to child care this week after the Christmas break. I can’t say that I was crying :P I had so many jobs to get done, I just felt relieved to have the time and space to do it!
    I can imagine things might be different when our children are at school five days a week. It must be strange having them home so often and then all of a sudden the house is so quiet for so long.

what a lovely post. I’m featuring this on the Sunday Parenting Party this week (you are welcome to grab an “I was featured” button from my button page), and I’m pinning to the SPP pinterest board. Thanks for being open and honest.

I’m still processing them being gone during the day again, Little Man is too. He clung to my leg all day today in yoga class. It took us 4 months to get used to it after the summer … we are wimps. I miss them so.