The Joys of Summer

Summer so far

Summer is in full swing, filled with all the things a summer should be: sunny days on the beach, homemade ice cream, babies in buckets, bare bottoms, picnics with the ones you love, creative water play, days at the park, lots of cuddles and a little silliness thrown in for good measure.

The perfect summer defined, the only problem is this summer is flying by way too fast! The kids are growing and times are changing, Happy will start an actual Kindergarten this fall and I find myself wishing I could just hit pause. Slow things down a bit and learn to appreciate the moments while I’m in them; something I am always striving towards. It works too, as long as you keep focusing and walking that tight rope. Take your mind off enjoying them for just a minute and they’ll slip away like sand through your fingers.

These photo are all snapshots of my Life as they happen, shared on Instagram. Join me there as steet for updates on your iPhone or stop by Kids Stuff World for a shot of us in action anytime, right there on the right side bar -> See us?. Instagram yourself? Let me know how to find YOU! I’d love to see what you’re up to this summer.

Comments

Thank you Jennifer! Your work out stats this week were awesome too! How was the Penguin movie? My kids love watching the previews for it. They’re 4 & 5, thought it might be a bit old for them?

Hi Stacy!

I love all of these cute instagram pics. You should totally make these into a photo book or something! I love how they all looked grouped together like that. Hmmm…I might have to try a photo collage like this for my next Insta Friday post. :)

Oh, and yes, Pinterest is amazing…and addictive!

Hey April! Hope you don’t mind, but I looked you up on Instagram :) I think a photo book is a great idea. I’m writing a post soon … I keep putting it off about all the fun things you can do with Instagram. Hope you’ll stick around for it

Hi Sarah, thank you!! And thanks for following me on Instagram too :) That Instagram feed is my absolute favorite part of my blog. Sometimes, when I’m up late studying for college I will open up me webpage and watch it flicker in the background as I research my night away. It’s a simple plugin, called Instagram for WordPress. It’s really easy to install, let me know if you need any help with it. Thanks so much for stopping by

You got it Kara!! I make sure to send all of my Instagrams straight to Flickr when I post them, I use the picnik extension of Flickr to make the collages. Super simple, just drag, drop & save!

girl!!!

i’m so glad you linked up this week!

isn’t it the easiest post? i so love instagram & i adore following you & all those wonderful kids of yours!

great photos & you are so right, life is in the fast lane. i want it to slow down. i think that’s why i’ve been more M.I.A. from blogland & twitter lately. well, that & just being busy.

take care…see you on pinterest or instagram!

xo
    kellie

Thanks Kellie, it was so much fun. I really love Instagram and how easy it makes sharing my stories! Good for you for signing off for a bit, I can always tel by your photos that you know how to have a good time and live life to the fullest! You know I’ll be around! More from me soon

Perfection. Your words speak straight to my heart…I am so driven I often (sad) forget to just stop and enjoy. Thank you for sharing your sentimental heart with us all this week.

Cha Cha

Thank you my sweet friend – I often let the moment slip by myself and then find myself grasping to get them back. I’m loving your Sentimental Sunday links. I need to stop back by and see what others are up to