KSW’s Handmade Toddler Costumes

ksw_pink_horse

ksw_brown_horse

I’ve gotten alot of requests recently to share my personal creations here on the website, and there’s something I must confess — while I have no issue publishing all the creative things I find during my countless hours scouring the Blog World, I’m a bit camera shy when it comes to publishing my own endeavors. Nevertheless, I’ve been working up the courage for quite some time now and I guess if I have to make a personal debut … what better time then now!

These were my toddlers handmade costumes last year and they were quite a hit with my kids and the neighborhood. I made them, literally, at the last minute {at work even, shhh}. In fact, I got about halfway through with them and was called away to an important meeting {I spent the entire meeting imagining my fate as the Worst Mother Ever and my kids not having any costumes for trick-or-treating}. Fortunately for me, I happened to work with the best darned group of people in the entire Air Force {world even} and when I got back to my office – well after quitting time, I found these sitting on our conference table – THE MOST ADORABLE CARDBOARD HORSES I had ever layed eyes on. I still get teary eyed just thinking about my team of Airmen cutting templates, gluing eyes and ears, and curling ribbons together ~ all in the name of Halloween.

Now that’s a great Halloween story, don’t you think? I can make this template available if anyone should request it.

Comments

1. Adam @ Cheap Halloween costumes says

Yeah that’s a great story and I love to read it. Yeah sure you can make the template available and sure everybody will like to go through it. For the handmade toddler costumes for your kids are a nice job and that’s also in the last minutes. Hey your idea for the toddler costumes sounds great and moreover it looks cute with the kids wearing it. Hope you create a new one in these upcoming Halloween festival.
    .-= Adam @ Cheap Halloween costumes´s last blog ..Nieuwe Maan ‘Jane’ Make-up-Vampire Look (Halloween) =-.

I’m so glad you guys liked them – yes, they were such a terrific group. I miss them everyday – I need to post pics of the costumes I made this year as well (the evolution of this costume actually)

2. Sonia says

Hi! This is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. If you see this, can you send me the template? I am not sure if I could figure it out just by looking at the pictures :). Thank you!

Getting the body that you have always wanted is a
    lot easier if you’re having fun throughout the process.

Play this until only one child and pillow are left.
    In the present time, Delhi encapsulates two very different worlds, the ‘old’ and the ‘new’.

However it will be good to put a figurine of Squidward to
    it to give it better authenticity. Do not pack your aquarium with
    plenty of decoration that it inhibits the fish
    from swimming easily in the aquarium. Opportunities are the same
    internet bookseller that you got your publications from
    is willing to buy them back, simply visit their site and search for their buyback show.

This happens only as an exception; in some cases the family physician will appeal to a surgeon to continue the health treatment of the patient.
    For family members who want a more special phone, AT&T is the exclusive home to Apple’s i – Phone
    as well as many other premium cellphones like the Samsung Mythic a897,
    and they also have a unique rollover plan. Food sources are chicken, fish, veal, certain cereals
    and liver.

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with myy facebook group?

There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy yor content.

Please let me know. Thanks

It’s the best time too make some plans for the future
    and it is time to bbe happy. I’ve read this poost and if I could
    I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips.

Perhaps you could write next articles rrferring too this article.
    I wish to read even more things about it!